Getting Around Skye
- Skye Car Hire - Kyle of Lochalsh, Tel 01599 534323.
Tourist Information Centres
Bayfield House, Bayfield Road, Portree, Isle of Skye, IV51 9EL
Tel: 01478 612137
The Car Park, Broadford, Isle of Skye, IV49 9AB
Tel: 01471 822361
- The Skye Guide - The independent guide to the Isle of Skye.
- Skye The Island & Lochalsh - All about the region, things to do, what's on.
Places to Visit
- Aros Centre - The best of Scottish music, books, culture and heritage in Portree. Very good on a rainy day.
- Dunvegan Castle - Stronghold of the Chiefs of MacLeod for nearly 800 years.
- Talisker Distillery - A brief history of the famous whisky distillery in Carbost, Skye.
- The Isle of Skye Brewing Company - Old fashioned beer from this Skye brewery.
- SkyeSkyns - Skyeskyns, manufacturers and suppliers of finest quality sheepskins, is a family business established on the Isle of Skye in 1983.
- The Skye Museum of Island Life - Thatched croft houses depicting life on the Isle of Skye in times gone by.
- Staffin Museum - Small community-based museum best known for its collection of Dinosaur remains found on the Trotternish Peninsula. Archaelogical and social history collections.
- Hebridean Pathways - Hebridean Pathways aims to offer informative and enjoyable activities all set in the unique grandeur of the Hebrides.
- Skyewalk.co.uk - Independent guide to the best walking routes on Skye.
- Cioch Direct - High performance outdoor clothing for adults and kids, all hand made on the Isle of Skye.
- Skye Birds - A birding guide to the Island of Skye.
- Skye Flora - List of flowering plants and ferns recorded as growing wild on the Isle of Skye.
- Eilean Bàn Trust - Gavin Maxwell's last house restored and managed on this island by the trust. Museum and resident otter community.
- International Otter Survival Fund - Global charity for the conservation of the otter, based on the Isle of Skye.
- Whalespotting.co.uk - Whales and dolphins, boat trips around Skye and west coast of Scotland.
- Aquaxplore - Whale and Dolphin watching boat trips.
- Misty Isle Boat Trips - The Misty Isle sails twice daily from Elgol, everyday except Sunday from April to October.
- Spindrift Boat Trips - Boat trips start from Portree Harbour and visit the Isle of Rona and the Isle of Raasay.
- Three Chimneys Restaurant - One of Scotland's most favourite restaurants, with a worldwide following.
- Stein Inn - An eighteenth-century inn and the oldest inn on Skye.
- The Old School Restaurant - Main Street, Dunvegan. Tel 01470 521421
Huge menu Scottish cuisine, fresh seafood & local produce. Wild Salmon & A.A Steaks. Baby & disabled facilities. 10.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m. daily (weekends only in winter).